Monday, February 20, 2017

Elder Sorenson - February 20, 2017

Hi everyone!

This week felt like we just got rejected door after door, but it is okay! I am sure that next week will be a lot better. This new sector of mine needs so much work and we need to help the members a lot! It is a lot different than my first area, because we would get references from everyone, but here, hardly anyone gives us any. I'm really working hard with my new companion and in just two weeks basically we have found 15 new investigators and have 5 baptism dates! Before that, my companion told me, he usually got 2 or 3 new investigators a week!

My P-Days here are a little different than in Malvinas. We play sports and actually shop. It is pretty fun and I always feel relaxed!

Tuesday - it is very hard to find where people live here because there are no street names. I'm getting really good at following the promptings of the spirit though! We didn't have any plans and were trying to figure out what to do I so I got this feeling to go down this dead end road. My companion was skeptical, but we went and ended up getting a new baptism date! It was such a cool spiritual experience for me!

I guess the only bad news of this week is that the walls here are not the greatest and there are cracks everywhere. One day this week it poured rain and it was okay, but when we came home, all of my books (Preach my Gospel, Jesus the Christ, journal, etc.) got soaked! Luckily I only had to throw away two or three books that I don't use too often! Every day now, I put my books in my suitcase just to be safe. Ha ha!!

I think that is all that happened this week!

Please e-mail me and ask me anything about Ecuador you want to know! I have only been here for three months but I feel Ecuadorian with an awesome missionary tan line! Please e-mail me with your questions!

I love you all so much!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson
Alma 7:23–24

**Also, don't be worried next week. I am not e-mailing on Monday. I am actually going to be stuck in the house for four days straight for safety reasons because it is Carnival here next week so I am going to be emailing you next Wednesday and not Monday.

Elder Sorenson's new companion - Elder Cortez!!

No comments:

Post a Comment