Saturday, October 29, 2016

Elder Sorenson - October 29, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Wow.. This week flew by so fast and I can't believe I only have 2 1/2 more weeks until I am flying out to Ecuador.. I am leaving Monday, November 14th.. So technically, I am pretty much four weeks in! 

I hope everyone is doing okay with school, work and whatever you may be doing. Know that I am praying for you always (yes in Espanol) and hope all is well! This week was kind of the same as last week, we study, eat, study, eat, study, exercise study, eat and study. Oh!!!! I forgot the best part, when we get back to our rooms at around 9:30, we study!! Haha.. I love it, the Spanish is tough but I am actually very lucky. 

I met an Elder this week and he is from Boston and is learning Chinese..... Just imagine an 18 year old with a SUPER heavy Boston accent speaking Chinese... It is the funniest and greatest thing I have ever heard. But then again, if you listen to me try to speak Spanish, I bet a lot of people get a kick out of it. He has been here for 7 weeks, so him and I will both be leaving the same day! He has a 24 hour flight and I have a seven hour one!! 

Elder Elton is doing great! I see him all the time with his companion and he is loving the language! I had the opportunity to sit next to him one morning for Breakfast and he taught me how to say numbers in his language!! I love that kid to death! 

Anyways, on Sunday, my companion woke up sick again so we didn't really do anything all day.. We ended up going to the devotional at night and it was a pretty good devotional! 

On Monday, we just had class and learned Spanish. 

On Tuesday, we got to sing again and it is so fun to be able to sing! I love sharing my talents with everyone and singing loud! In my district, all of them argue on who sits by me because it helps them be able to match pitch.. Haha I love these Elders more than life itself! The devotional was very inspirational and has inspired me!! I want to invite all of you guys to get an index card and keep it on you at all times, to remember me of course.  But on the card, write these five words, " Be Not Afraid, Only Believe." It will help you and encourage you throughout your life. I promise. 

The next day, we had TRC which is each companionship gets to teach an actual investigator that doesn't know any English.  I was so nervous and scared but I believed I could do it. I went in the room and words and thoughts were just flying out of my head in spanish!! It was incredible.. I loved it and got to know him so well! 

On Thursday, we did splits because my companion and another Elder was sick. So I got to be with a different Elder all day!! Today, I also got a package from my Uncle Garrett and Aunt Kristen!! Thank you so much and I am so excited to use the Halloween stuff on Monday! I love you guys! Later that night, a different Elder on the same floor as me got sick. Thanks to my mom packing an entire hospital in my suitcase, I was able to help him and the next morning he was feeling a lot better!! The only reason I haven't been sick is because I have taken Vitamin C and a multi vitamin every single day, so I am glad that I am always able to be healthy here! Thanks Mom! 

Yesterday, I got a package from my family and the letters in there made me cry! It made my day so much better. That night, my favorite teacher, Hermano Horsely, who actually served with Parker Phelps which is a small world!! But anyways, he is hilarious, I love that guy. He told us stories that had me crying from laughing so hard but he always involves the Spirit which is crazy! I love him so much and we connect so much! Overall, it was a great week and fun to be my "family". 

I love you guys and can't wait to hear back on how all of you are doing! 

Te quiero mucho,

Elder Sorenson



No comments:

Post a Comment