Saturday, October 15, 2016

Elder Sorenson - October 15, 2016

Wow... It has already been a week, the days go by super slow but the weeks fly by it feels like. Missions are pretty tough, especially learning a language. I am trying my best and I know the Gift of Tongues will help me out a ton. So on Sunday, it was Fast Sunday and so things were a little different. We woke up and didn't eat anything, had sacrament and Priesthood and everything and so it was cool actually being in a class where they actually spoke English and you didn't need to guess what they are saying all the time. I made the entire district join the choir with me so I wasn't the only lame one, and it was great, we sang it for the devotional on TuesdayI have to teach the lesson tomorrow on Repentance, so it will be a good time! 

Monday, my companion woke up sick, so I was stuck in our room for 9 hours by myself. He slept until 4 pm and I was going crazy because I didn't have anything to do. I re-ironed all of my shirts, reorganized my closet and drawers, wrote my talk for Sunday in Spanish and then read scriptures for two hours. I was pretty ancy and wanted to get out of the house. He finally said he was feeling better, so we got dressed to go to dinner. That night, we were supposed to teach our investigator, but my companion was sick, so there was no way to prepare one. So we just did splits with other Elders in our district. 

I feel like I am really starting to get so close to the Elders in my district, we are all up laughing like hyenas at night and get yelled at by the room next to us sometimes, but hey, it is just quality banter and bonding. I am very open about myself to them, so they know me very well. 

Tueday was just a normal day, more class and sleep. But at night, we had a devotional and I wasn't thinking it was going to be amazing but guess who walked in the room and surprised all of us? DAVID A BEDNAR. Wow, what a cool guy.. He is hilarious and did you know that at General Conference, nobody gets assigned a topic? They literally speak on whatever they want and nobody knows what they are speaking on until they go up to the stand? I thought that was cool. 

Wednesday, FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MORGAN JEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're so old, it makes me feel like a kid again. ;) Love you and hope you had a great birthday. This morning, we did service and we had the WONDERFUL opportunity to clean six bathrooms and they were disgusting, but hey, " When you're in the service of your fellow being, you're in the service of you God." I was killing it today in exercise. We play basketball every day, I may be white and a midgit, but when I play against people that have never dribbled a ball in their life, I am like Michael Jordan, except they don't let me show off all my skills because we aren't allowed to dunk. Today my best friend, Elder Hirschi was super upset on how both of our lessons went, we just wanted to cry, but something happened that made us crack up and I have never laughed so hard in my life. Yes, even more than the kayak incident in Hawaii. 

Thursday, I got sick from taking care of my companion, so I didn't do much. I just went to class that night and got reminded how bad I am in Spanish haha.. Yesterday, we had more class and in the night we were supposed to get a new teacher, but it ended up that our new teacher was the investigator that we have been teaching for the past week.. Thank goodness that guy was not an actual investigator because from how bad our lessons were, he would probably ask for us to never talk to us again.. Haha just kidding, but overall it was a good week and I have been working hard. Things are good here in the MTC, I just really want to go to Ecuador and serve. 

I also ran into Maddy Truman and Jack Elton! So it was really nice seeing them! Jack is doing good speaking Samoan and Maddy works at the MTC and she loves it! 

To close, I want to try to bear my testimony in Spanish. People that actually speak Spanish, I know I am a gringo, okay? Yo quisiera compartir mi testimonio. Estoy muy agradecido por mi madre que me ensenaron el evangelio. Estoy muy agradecido por la expiacion de Jesucristo y saber que Dios conteta mis oraciones y mi familia y su apoyo. Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que neustro Padre Celestial nos quiere a todos. Yo se que de don de lenguas es muy importante y verdadera. Te quiero mucho. Digo estas cosa en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

Elder Sorenson





No comments:

Post a Comment