Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Elder Sorenson - November 28, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Tuesday: 11,758 steps
SO yesterday was pday and I didn´t know it took like two days for my wash to be dry because a sister in my ward washes them. So I got to sleep on the nasty mattress with bugs for two nights but all is well!! I finally got them and they still are not dry because of how humid it is here!! Haha! I also started reading True To The Faith and I love it!! I had an interview with my mission president and didn´t know half the questions he was asking but it will be okay soon!! Haha I also had fish for dinner which wasn´t too bad!!


Wednesday: 13,162 steps
My companion had to go to the hospital today for stomach problems and I better not get sick because the hospital is nasty and smells so bad!! Luckily I have an entire hospital in my suitcase!! Haha! So on my way back to our house, we walked past about 12 people sitting around a TV and it was a soccer game. It was penalty kicks and it was like the world stood still. He made it and I swear a bomb went off!! People were screaming and cheering like crazy!! haha 

Thursday: 12,805 steps
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! How was your thanksgiving dinner!?!? Mine was fish and rice!! Haha! They don´t celebrate that here and so it was just a normal day with not many lessons because all of our investigators were working!! 

Friday: 14,776 steps

I met a gringo here!! He has been here for 9 weeks and speaks good Spanish! He is super cool and a nice guy. He is from Miami and I instantly connected with him!! We went to the mall because some missionaries were singing Christmas carols. As they sang, we went around passing out cards with the Christmas video of this year on it!! There were so many people in the mall because in Ecuador, they call it Negro Viernes. So I guess they do have a few American traditions here!! Haha! There were terrible deals though and it is crazy the price differences here in Ecuador!! Oh!! After passing out Christmas videos in the mall, we confirmed one investigator to baptism and his name is Aldo. He is such a great guy and I love him!! He is getting baptized December 26th or somewhere around that time! 

Saturday: 8,435 steps
So I woke up a little sick today but I have fought through it. During the day, we needed water so we asked this random lady for some. She gave it to us and invited us in. We ended up teaching her, giving her a Book of Mormon and she wants to know more. It is crazy and so cool how the Lord works and how He puts us in the right place at the right time!! But then we suffered....that same lady offered us food and as missionaries, we can´t really say no or they will get offended. She served us this great gourmet meal of cold, mashed up sardines and rice. It was the first food I have eaten here where I almost threw up. But hey, I am no quitter! I finished it all!! haha I had a stomach ache for two hours after eating the mashed up sardines and rice! Haha 

Sunday: 11,600 steps
It was Stake Conference here and we went to a different church that had air conditioning so that was nice! We had to sit in the back because we were a little late from picking up different investigators. I couldn´t hear a thing because their sound system isn't great. So I just heard babies screaming and some people yelling at there kids in Spanish. Haha! I also had three lunches and two dinners today, so lets just say I am probably not coming back skinny!! I eat so much rice here and it is rough!! 

Monday: 
Today was the Championship game with two teams from Ecuador. It gets so crazy here that we had to be in our house at 6 pm so it wasn´t a very busy day!! My companion and I played monopoly in house that night!! It was pretty fun!

Overall, it was a good week but the language is hard!!  I love you all and hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Love Always, 

Elder Sorenson
Kyle sent this picture with the caption:"You guys are always with me at all times. Love you so much!

On Sunday evening, this picture was unexpectedly Facebook Messaged to Kyle's mom in CA from the sweet sister in Ecuador (pictured in the left corner of the picture). The sister let Kim know that she feeds Kyle and his companion on Sundays and that Kyle is a good missionary!  :-)

On Sunday evening, this picture was unexpectedly Facebook Messaged to Kyle's mom in CA from the sweet sister in Ecuador. The sister let Kim know that she feeds Kyle and his companion on Sundays and that Kyle is a good missionary!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment