Saturday, November 5, 2016

Elder Sorenson - November 5, 2016

Hi Everyone!


Wow.. I can't believe I have been here for five weeks. It has been very stressful and I don't think I am going to leave for Ecuador on November 16th for Visa issues. I may have to stay in the states for another 6 weeks, but I will not find out until Tuesday of next week. I know that wherever I go is for a reason!! 

On Sunday, I got to bless the bread in Sacrament in Spanish which was a cool experience and I didn't mess up! So that boosted my confidence a lot! We walked to the temple and it is so fun to do that. I love talking to other people from the MTC and getting to know them even more! Then after that, we watched movies which is always fun. Our district has a tradition where we all book it to get good seats and I stop by my room to get candy, so we loaded up with candy and went to the movie. It was a really fun day!! 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN. It was weird that I didn't see any little kids running around in costumes getting candy, but I did see a ton of 18 and 19 year old's doing it.. Haha!! A Senior couple was outside the cafeteria handing out candy and that made my day!! It was just a normal day and then at the end of the day, we went in the dorms and got dressed for Trick or Treating in the dorms. My roommates and I made up a costume. We were the three wiseman!! haha.. We even had frankincense(cologne), gold(gold chocolate coins) and murr(lotion)!! It was such a fun time and good to laugh. Thanks to my Aunt Kristen and Uncle Garrett, their package came with a Halloween Trick-or-Treat bag so I could collect candy from other people with it! 

Tuesday was just a normal, studying day. 

On Wednesday, it was actually super cool!! Our district got to host the new missionaries coming in! It really brought back a lot of memories and made me realize how long I have been here!! It was so fun being with them and seeing



the look on their face when they walked in because of how overwhelming it is!! I really enjoyed hosting them and I when I see them walking around the MTC, they will come say hi to me so it was great! I can't wait to do it again on Wednesday!! 

Thursday was a pretty fun and spiritual day. I woke up sick, so I went to the doctor and got some meds and feel a little better but my voice is gone. So imagine me trying to speak Spanish with a squeaky voice of a 11 year old boy, it is quite embarrassing! haha! That night, we went outside and our teacher asked us to find one scripture that defines us. I, of course, picked Alma 37:33-34,36-37. It just hit me like a brick when I read it and I now have those verses written on my wall in my room where I can always see it. 

Yesterday was normal!! I got a package from Grandma and Grandpa Sorenson! Thank you so much and I can't wait to eat all of the candy tonight!! Haha!! I miss you guys!! 

I also got a haircut today and was scared for my life, but luckily I got out without my head being completely shaven and it doesn't look too bad! Haha!! Today, we were supposed to get our flight plans but only the people going to Ecuador didn't get any. So I won't know until Tuesday what is going on. 

Overall, it has been a good five weeks in the MTC and it's been fun! I have already lost 7 pounds so I am going to come back looking like a twig!!

Te quiero mucho,

Elder Sorenson


No comments:

Post a Comment