Saturday, November 12, 2016

Elder Sorenson - November 12, 2016

I AM GOING TO ECUADOR....OH WAIT!

Hey everyone!

This week was definitely an emotional roller coaster. I honestly don't know what to think! 
On Sunday, it was Fast Sunday and we didn't have choir. So there wasn't anything too exciting. The devotional was really cool though! It was a lady and she is a world famous violinist! She played multiple different songs and had her entire family play with her! She has three kids and they are all pros at music. They play guitar, piano, cello and violin. It was awesome! 

On Monday, we went down to the Travel Office to see what was going on with our flight plans and THEY HAD THEM. AHHHHH I was so pumped!! We all were running around and just stoked to be leaving on Monday at 2:30 am!! It was going to be so great! 

Tuesday was a long day because I was kind of stressed about the election but I didn't let it bother me too much. Thank you so much for the treats and the food Dad and Aunt Shirley and Paul!! I am going to get huge from all the snacks I am getting! I love you guys so much!

On Wednesday, I got to host again and it was such a blast! But on Wednesday afternoon, it was a nice day. Not a cloud in the sky, sun was brightly beaming and it was 76.4 degrees with no wind. Butterflies and leaves were in the air. The smell of old MTC food and Elder's B.O. was in the air too. My zone thought it would be a great idea to go to the field for the last time and play soccer. It will be fun they said. I thought, hey, I am out of shape but it would be so fun to play some soccer! So.... We went. Not even five minutes into the game, an Elder in my district tried to get the ball from me. So I came to an abrupt stop. But then.. The unthinkable happened!! My body stopped but my knee didn't. So I hyper-extended my knee inwards. I got up and just tried to walk it off. So I played sand volleyball and destroyed the other team.. Haha but then my companion noticed I was limping from the accident on that green patch of grass that day. So he forced me to go to the athletic trainers office to get some ice. So we went. She asked what happened and I told her. She then wanted to do a few tests.. After the knee tests, she called the doctor and said that she thought I tore my meniscus. I was so upset because I just wanted ice. We then went to the doctor and he just gave me crutches and some ibuprofen. He set up an appointment for me Thursday morning to see him. I went in the morning and he thought I tore it too. It honestly didn't even hurt that bad. My knee was just uncomfortable and I couldn't bend it. So I had to leave campus to get an MRI on my knee. Let me tell you, the MRI machine is kind of scary and weird. It make super weird and loud noises so I had to wear ear plugs and I kept going in more and more, so it felt like it was going to eat me.. Haha The only good thing about that is they had vending machines there and so I got Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew and I have never been so happy. So then, my companion and I went back to the MTC and I had to wait for the results until the next morning. I was also on crutches and they are terrible. I used to think they were cool when I didn't actually have to use them. But now that I do, they are terrible and hurt. My arms are so sore and I feel like my left calf and my shoulders are huge because I have been working them out non stop haha.. 

So I went to the doctor in the morning and he said that I had bad news and good news. So, me, being a super positive person, asked for the bad news first. He said that I had a ton of fluid in my knee and infusions from the accident. The good news is that I didn't tear anything yet. Haha so I was so grateful that I didn't tear it! But he also said that I am for sure not leaving Monday and I will probably be here for another two weeks to make sure my knee is okay. SO I have to see an Orthopedic Surgeon on Monday and he is basically going to tell me my fate Monday morning!! 

Overall, it was a good week and I am praying that I will be able to leave soon. Whatever happens is for a reason. Maybe the Lord needs me here for two more weeks to touch a certain person's life in the MTC or maybe it is because I need more work on the Spanish.. Haha
I will make sure to keep you guys updated on everything! I love you guys. 

Te Quiero mucho!

    Elder Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment