Monday, December 5, 2016

Elder Sorenson - December 5, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Tuesday: 6428 steps
We placed two Book of Mormons and we taught a lot. We taught a family named Alvarado and I love them so much, they are so sweet!! They tried reading English to me and I laughed so much, I know that is how they feel about me!! On our way home, we walked past this lady and she came running up to me, my comp was waving no but I didn´t know what was going on. I shook her hand and talked to her but we had to leave. It ended up that the girl was a prostitute and I had no idea!! Anyways, this language and being here is like a big game of charades for everyone. I have never used my hands while speaking so much. Haha! The investigators seem to understand!! I bought a futbol jersey today in honor of how crazy soccer is here!! 


Wednesday: 10,120 steps
I woke up sick and I don´t remember anything that happened this day.


Thursday: 12,443 steps
We woke up at 4AM today because our President allowed us to go to the temple as a zone!! It was so great and the temple is so pretty!! I love it so much and I hope I can go again someday. I still didn´t understand anything because it was all in Spanish but the spirit was so strong that it made up for me not understanding the what was being said. 


Friday: 12,219 steps
I am having a hard time with the language and just don´t know what exactly to study. Today, we had some super good food!! It was called torilla espanol. It is pork, cheese, and potatoes. I loved it so much!!! 


Sunday 12, 902 steps
Today was Fast Sunday and about the whole ward bore their testimonies. I swear there were about 40 people who bore their testimonies and we didn´t finish the meeting until about 20 after the hour. We only had two investigators show up to church but it is fine!! After church, we had lunch and guess what I had. Yep, fish! It was full on a fish, not just the meat so I had to learn then and there how to not eat the bones of the fish. It definitely was not my favorite thing here. Afterwards, we had to go home because of futbol again but it was even more crazy today because the team won!!! So there were fireworks going off, people running and screaming with flags, cars honking and flying by, and fires were even started in the middle of the streets. I have never seen anything like it!! SO we just went home and relaxed in our house!!

I am sorry for such a short report this week, but I don´t have that much time to email. I hope this gives you a clear understanding that I am loving the mission life, maybe not the food but, I will learn to like it. I know the language will come, but I hope it comes fast so I can help my companion in the lessons!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas season with your families!!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson









No comments:

Post a Comment