Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Elder Sorenson - January 30, 2017


Wow .... Mondays come so fast and I don't know how I feel about it. This next Sunday (Aspen's birthday) marks four months since I have been on a mission! My mission is flying by but I am definitely enjoying every minute of it!

Tuesday
Today I, along with all the missionaries and Guayaquil, had our zone meeting with our Mission President. It went really well, but it was six hours long! We learned more about our purpose as missionaries and the importance of obedience, patience, and diligence. After the meeting, I made a promise to myself to be positive and be patient with this language!

Wednesday
We had another meeting today and our PD day got changed to start at 8 AM instead of 10:30 AM, so let's just say today, my companion and I had time we didn't know what to do with! I learned today that when I focus 100% on what a person is saying, I can understand exactly what they're saying, as long as they don't speak 1 million words a minute.

Thursday
We found three new investigators today and two of them came to church yesterday! They are such sweet people and so open to listen to our message. They read every day and have so many questions, which is such a great thing! I am also writing in my journal in complete Spanish, and if that doesn't say I am improving, I don't know what will!

Friday
One of our investigators confirmed for baptism today! Our lessons went really well and we definitely taught by the spirit in every lesson. During one of our lessons, I got bit by something on my forearm and I couldn't feel my arm for two or three hours and it was swollen and sore. Ha ha! So that night, I called my mission president at around 11:15PM and he told me to go get medicine, and that if the pharmacy wasn't open, I would have to go to the hospital. Here is where it gets very great. We were walking to the pharmacy and the owner was closing his door, but we got there in the nick of time! Definitely an M&M (Mission Miracle)!! Don't worry mom, my arm is completely fine and I didn't get the Zika!!

Saturday
Today I was super comfortable in the language. I felt super confident all day and I haven't had a problem talking to anyone sense! The gift of tongues is real! I talked one on one with an investigator and I didn't have a problem communicating with her or trying to get my point across. She told me my Spanish was incredible and could actually understand me!

Sunday
The climate here changes more than I can even describe. One day it will be nice, then it will be raining all day, and then the next day will be super hot. So let's just say my sinuses are all messed up! Our lessons today were about two or three only because we had a meeting with our stake president and the meeting went longer than we expected. He talked about the importance of working with the members and I understood everything!

This week went very well and I am enjoying the time I have on my mission. I really do think this is where I need to be at this time in my life. The members, the youth, and my investigators all seem to like me and I just can't help but smile at the fact that I get to bring these sweet and humble people the gospel and ordinances needed to live with Him again. It is honestly such an honor and a privilege to wear a name tag with my name and the Savior's name on it as well. There is no doubt in my mind that when we live these gospel principles and abide by His standards, we live in a state of hope, joy, humility, and happiness because we will know that the Plan of Salvation will bring our families eternal life and eternal happiness.

I truly learned the importance of patience and diligence here. For example, when I am hard on myself and say I am not good in Spanish, I don't feel the spirit and I don't improve but when I "Press forward, have any steadfast in Christ," I see the miracles and blessings I have in my life.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

Mosiah 4:26-27






 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment