Monday, January 9, 2017

Elder Sorenson - January 9, 2017

Hi everyone!

Tuesday - 11,600 Steps
I woke up this morning and got told that I needed to get a shot, so I went and got a shot and didn't  even know what it was for. The lessons today went really well and we had a member with us the whole day and he speaks English! My two favorite lessons were also the most dangerous. We are waiting for someone to answer the door and then something hit me in the neck. Four or five kids had airsoft guns and one of them (on purpose) shot me in the neck. Then the boy came over and apologized so I gave him a "Gospel of Jesus Christ" pamphlet and it talks about repentance. My companion thought it was so funny! Then we went to another house and I wasn't paying attention. I went to knock on the door and I heard a growl and a dog's mouth opening. The dog was about 3-4 inches away from biting my leg! Then come to find out my companion showed me that the dog had rabies!! Good thing I got a shot today ha ha!

Wednesday - 7,004 Steps
We had an abundance of lessons today but my favorite one was with a guy who was baptized two years ago. He saw us on the street and wanted to talk to us! He sang random Spanish songs during my companion's prayer, kept interrupting him and telling my companion what he wanted in the prayer. It also rained today and it hasn't stopped all day. Another member came with us today and he served in Chile. He knows Parker Phelps and my teacher in the MTC, Hermana Horsely!  I had pizza today and I have never been more in love!

Thursday - 9,767 Steps
I tried to focus 100% during the lessons and I can honestly understand most of what they are saying! I can see myself improving. I just need to stop being so hard on myself.

Friday - 12,875 Steps
The bug bites are starting to come back but I solved it with my insect repellent! I get them on my toes and so it is terrible when I walk! I'm starting to get closer with my companion because I can actually talk to him! Tonight, we had an activity with the youth and it was karaoke. They all know I sing so they made me go first. Jacob, one of the YM in the ward, chose the song and he made me sing Elvis Presley! I had a good day. I am starting to see how big of an impact the Lord is having on me to understand and learn this language!

Saturday - 9,105 Steps
Let's just say I can't return my baptism clothes anymore because I baptized my first investigator! His name is Leo Alexander Bonia Garcia Alvarado. Guess how many times I had to repeat his name? Zero. I got it the first try! What was so funny was that my companion baptized his sister and he had to do it twice. I was so nervous that I wouldn't completely get his body underwater, so I accidentally threw him down into the water ha ha! I am convinced that South Americans do not know the essence of time. The baptism started at 7:00 but it didn't actually start until about 8:15. Alex and his sister also wanted me to sing a solo at the baptism so I sang "I Believe in Christ" in both Spanish and English! I got so many compliments afterwards that I didn't understand!

Sunday - 9,339 Steps
We had so much food today and it wasn't just rice! Church went well. The bishop announced that I am teaching an English class that I didn't know about so we will see how that goes! We had lunch with one investigator, then dinner with the family, and then dinner again with another family. We are homemade tacos that were so good. I ate so many I couldn't walk afterwards!

I had a fun and entertaining week. I learned that with the Lords help, I can accomplish anything as long as I put 100% of my effort in it! I'm feeling my testimony grow and my language improving. This week I also learned that missionary work is largely dependent on the agency of others. Actually, almost completely dependent on it. We can work our tails off, but it is up to the people we talk to to decide whether they will meet with us or give us their phone number or take a book of Mormon or except our message or whatever the case maybe.

Yo quiero compartir mi testimonio. Este iglesia es un cosa muy especial en mi corazon y yo se que es verdadera. Lo se con todo mi corazon que el Libro de Mormon es palabras de Dios y el mas nosotros leemos y oramos, el mas fuerte nuestro testimonio es. Yo amo este iglesia y este mision. Gracias por tus oraciones y tu apoyo porque sin ellos no se donde estaria. En el nombre de nuestro Salvador, Jesucristo. Amen. 

I love you guys and hope you have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Sorenson
















No comments:

Post a Comment