Monday, March 27, 2017

Elder Sorenson - March 27, 2017

Hi Everyone!

These weeks are honestly flying by and I don't know how I feel about it. There are so many things that happen in such little time! This week I really tried to focus on following every prompting of the Holy Ghost, be more diligent, and love every single person I talked to!

These experiences I am having are building my testimony more than I could possibly imagine. I am more than grateful for the opportunity to not only go on a mission, but to serve a mission for two years of my life....at this point, I only have another year and a half!

An Elder from the MTC e-mailed me a letter and I truly desire for each of you to read it if you want to know more about the importance of missionary work and what our purpose is. It is called the Ricciardi Letter. I will attach it to my email this week. It is a bit of a read, but it will change your aspect on life a ton! (At least it did for me!)

Throughout this week I really listened and taught by the Spirit. I have never felt so happy during a lesson and had more of a conviction and the correct words in Spanish to help someone receive the knowledge of the gospel than I did this past week. This week I had companion exchanges again with Elder Troncos, which went really well! We went to a house and had an investigator that wanted to be baptized, but he is only 12 or 13 years old and so he needs permission from his parents. His dad is a very strong Catholic and wouldn't give his son the permission he wanted to be baptized. (Mind you, I was just figuring this out during the time we were talking to him) I immediately got a feeling to share a certain scripture with the boy's dad, so I talked to him for 5 or 10 minutes then shared the scripture. He ended up crying and knew what I said was true! He then gave us permission to baptize his son!

Overall, the week went great and I feel the Spirit more than ever. Having the opportunity to wear a name badge that has my name and the Savior's name on it is the greatest blessing and gift anyone could receive!

I love you all and hope all of your families are doing well! Te Quiero!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

2 Nephi 31 - Doctrine of Christ
Companion exchanges with Elder Troncos! 


Companion exchanges with Elder Troncos!



The English class Elder Sorenson and his companions taught this week.


Elder Sorenson's self-customized new boots that are on the hot market...they are the new versions of Nike!!

Elder Sorenson's self-customized new boots that are on the hot market...they are the new versions of Nike!!
There is never a dull moment when Elder Sorenson is around. :-)

This picture was sent to Kyle's mom from a member of Kyle's current ward in Ecuador.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment