Monday, April 3, 2017

Elder Sorenson - April 3, 2017

Hi Everyone!

General Conference = A Missionaries 2nd Christmas!

Mis queridos hermanos y hermanas .... I feel like saying that only because most of the words the Apostles used during General Conference to greet us don't exist in Spanish, so they translated it to that every time! Haha!

I ended up watching all of Conference in Spanish because the internet wasn't working, but it was great overall!! I learned so much and it was great being able to listen to the Prophet and apostles!

My week went great. One very cool experience I had this week was with a deaf young man. We were street contacting and he came up to us, but with me not knowing he was deaf I tried speaking to him. His friend then informed me that he was deaf! Using the little to no sign language (in English) that I know, I could actually hold a conversation with him! I gave him a pamphlet because he said he could read! He wanted us to come back and so we set up another appointment with him! Just with the little sign language I know, I was still able to communicate with him!

Okay, because we didn't have too many lessons this week, I want to talk about what I learned in General Conference! If any of you watched all of Saturday's sessions, I think you can figure out which one of the talks was my favorite! Elder  Holland's talk and his comparison of our life being in a choir was great! The quote that will be in my heart forever is, "Singing the anthems of eternity, we should stand as close as we can to the Heavenly Father and the Savior because They have a perfect pitch." There is room in the choir for everyone, for all who WISH to be there!"

I loved Conference and we need to always remember that as children of God, we are imperfect people trying to learn a perfect language (the Gospel of Jesus Christ). I hope all of you had the chance to at least listen to one talk and will let it ponder in your hearts! If not, you can find all of them at www.lds.org! Always remember that not all the voices in the choir are the same, but come as you are. Just don't plan to stay as you are.  You must learn how to walk a few steps ahead in to the darkness, and then the light will turn on and go before you!

I love you all so much!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Ether 12:6
Ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
As you can see, Elder Sorenson is a HUGE fan on the New York Giants! LOL
This picture was messaged to Elder Sorenson's mom. Elder Sorenson insisted she include the picture on this week's blog. Yes, he's been told (hundreds of times) that his face could get stuck like that. ;-) 

This picture was messaged to Elder Sorenson's mom this past week. Elder Sorenson insisted she include the picture on this week's blog. Yes, he's been told (hundreds of times) that his face could get stuck like that. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment