Monday, April 10, 2017

Elder Sorenson - April 10, 2016


Hi Everyone! This week went well and I had a lot of great experiences!

BIG NEWS….Elder Todd Christofferson is coming to our mission next Saturday to talk to us and guess what?!? There is going to be a choir and I got asked to sing in it! It is going to be a super fun week!

I guess you could say that my MTC dream came true!! Elder Hirschi and I were companions for 2 whole days! Haha! It is crazy how the Gift of Tongues work; we both were really struggling in the MTC and really didn’t know anything, and then, 6 months later, we taught together and got someone to agree to baptism!!! It was super fun to be with him and be in lessons with that awesome guy!

So, it was my companion’s birthday this week and I wanted to do something fun! Because we literally had 4 dinners for his birthday on his birthday, I celebrated it the day before.  Also, because I am the poor missionary that I am, I didn’t have money to buy him anything but my companion is Hispanic from Texas, so I made him homemade tacos! He was shocked that I could actually cook. Haha! He was super happy, mostly because it wasn’t a pound of rice that we eat every meal we have! I am an Ecuadorian chef! Haha!

Really quickly, I want to talk about our investigator, Jordy. He is 10 years old and understands doctrine better than the 35 year olds that we teach. He get so excited when we come over and he doesn’t ever want us to leave, we would be there for an hour and then start to gather our things and he is like, “Don’t leave, you just got here!” He is also preparing to serve a mission in 8 years. Haha! He is just the sweetest kid. He showed us a pair of black shoes with holes in them that he said he is going to use on his mission with the holes, he doesn’t care! He just is one of a kind and he always tells my companion and I that because of us, he is so much happier, but that isn’t true. It is because of Christ and the blessings we receive from the Gospel that we are happier!

I hope you all have a great week and remember the true meaning of Easter! He Lives!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson
Matthew 28 - EASTER
Mark 16 - EASTER
Luke 24:36-53 - EASTER







No comments:

Post a Comment