Monday, June 19, 2017

Elder Sorenson - June 19, 2017

Hi Everyone!

This week went well. We ran quite a bit of errands and completed the extra tasks we had to do. My first week as a District Leader went great! I can see my personality positively affecting the hearts of my District and I really believe I am gaining trust in my District. At the beginning of my mission, I was pretty shy out here and those of you who know me, you know that I am not shy whatsoever. Haha! It was the language barrier and the fact that I didn't have a clue what the mission field was like that was making me shy. I would just go wth the flow and hope for the best. Now, a little more than 8 months into my mission, I can see my true self, that I know, blossoming even more. I can see the flaws that I had before my mission that I have been able to fix. Obviously, nobody is perfect and you live and learn. There is always room for improvement.

I have realized the essentials I need in my life to live with true happiness and everlasting joy. The first essential thing that I need (and you need too) is our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. We are imperfect, but we can be perfected and we can repent and change, but only through Them. I have seen it firsthand in my mission! I have taught people who were so lost, didn't know where to go, and had so many difficulties in their life, but were open to me helping them change their path! A convert I recently baptized is now in seminary every day and taking mission prep classes to serve a mission. She is dong better in seminary then I was! Haha! This mission is incredible and the miracles I have been able to see and witness are beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I don't have words to explain how powerful the Holy Ghost has been and continues to be in my mission.

Also, my first District meeting as District Leader was this last Friday and it went super well! I was able to teach and share what I know with my District. I also got to share my testimony with them. Having and sharing your testimony is a huge thing! It is the greatest feeling when I get to share my testimony with every single person I encounter here in Ecuador. Some of my responsibilities as a District Leader include leading our weekly district meetings, making phone calls each night to each of the companionships in my District to gather their numbers of investigators and scheduled baptisms, and overseeing and conducting all baptismal interviews.

I also found a new taco place here! The tacos are incredible, better than any I have had. Please pray for me that I don't spend too much money there. Haha!

I love all of you! Thank you for all you have done for me and for helping my build my testimony!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

D&C 6:19-20

My convert who is preparing to serve a mission in a few years! 

Our District goals, the plan to get there, and our vision as a District Chantandro!! It isn't as pretty as it would be if one of the sisters made it, but it will do!! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment