Saturday, June 10, 2017

Elder Sorenson - June 5, 2017

Hi Everyone!

These weeks are getting crazier and crazier as the weeks go by. This was by far the craziest and up and down week. EVER. My companion had to go to Guayaquil on Tuesday to get his Visa, so I stayed in Machala and was in a trio with Elder Barnom and Elder Soto. It was a super fun day, but I was so tired because we got up at 3 in the morning. When my companion got back, we had to stay in the house because my companion has Dange or Zika. I know, it stinks, but it gets worse. We weren't able to teach very much this week because we were in and out of Urgent Care and buying medicine. The next day I woke up and felt a little sick, but I just wanted to fight through it. We had a meeting with the mission nurses and they gave me a list of medicine to buy. I wasn't feeling any better and so they set up an appointment for the "clinic" (a hospital that doesn't have doors). The doctor checked my breathing and that stuff. Well everyone, it looks like I got Bronchitis, ain't nobody got time for that! Anyways, my President and his wife were near the clinic so they came to check up on my companion and I. It was a little embarrassing to see the President at 1in the morning with an oxygen mask on my face, but it happens to the best of us.

After doing two oxygen/air treatments, I was still not able to breathe without feeling dry in my lungs so the doctor made this great conclusion and said, "Oh no...tienes asthma." I went from the flu, to bronchitis, to asthma. Gotta love it! So anyways I received about 12 different medicines and an inhaler. I also am not allowed to sleep with air conditioning, so isn't that ironic? Haha! I am happy to say that I am feeling better and the medicine is working but does anyone want a slightly used oxygen mask? The hospital here makes you take it home and if you need to return to get more oxygen, you have to use the same mask. I guess it is their version of soda refills in the U.S.!

Oh! Also, we had a baptism on Friday, June 2nd! We baptized two wonderful people that have a firm testimony of this gospel. I hope you all had a great week and that you are in good health! I love you all and thank you for your prayers and support. WOW! 8 months down!!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

1 Corinthians  10:13



 

No comments:

Post a Comment