Saturday, June 3, 2017

Elder Sorenson - May 29, 2017

Hi Everyone!

This week might have been one of the hardest weeks I have had on my mission. We are really working hard and doing all that we can to find new people to teach. There has been some drama throughout our zone, but I think we got it all cleaned up! My relationship with my new companion can be up and down at times, but I can't deny that I have already learned so much from him.

The lessons we had this week went well and we taught by the Spirit. An investigator we have been working with for a while wanted us to come talk to her and we when we did, we found out that she really wants what we have! She is so sweet and I can honestly see it in her eyes that she is ready to receive our message.

I went on companion exchanges with my District Leader, Elder Salazar. It was so fun to be with him because he is super hard-working guy. He is from an Indian tribe in Ecuador so he has long pony tail. We got so much attention that day, a gringo and a native! Haha! I learned quite a bit from him and learned new ways to explain terms and how to find new investigators.

Like I said, this week was an up and down week. We gained a ton of confidence in the investigators that have a baptism date, but two of them found out they are moving to Chile this next week and they were so sad to tell us. Then the next house we went too, another baptism date told us that she is moving to Quito for 2-3 months. I really experienced the phrase, "2 steps forward, 1 step back" this week.

They only way I can handle the situation I have had this week is through patience and also being the bigger person. Obviously it is easy to loose your patience with your investigators that know the gospel is true but will not read, pray, or go to church, but when we show our patience towards them, it helps them to realize that the gospel is true in a whole different way because it is their journey, not ours. Our patience for our leaders or even our companions is a virtue.

I hope your week was great and that all of you are doing well. You might have had a rough week and you might not want to try it again, but I challenge you with, "I dare you to move. I dare you to lift yourself up off of the floor. I dare you to move forward today like you never have before!"

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson









No comments:

Post a Comment