Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Elder Sorenson - May 22, 2017

Well I am officially moved in to my new apartment and am living in air-conditioning! I never thought I would be so grateful to sleep with a/c! Our first night in the apartment I couldn't sleep at all because of how cold it was. I finally found a happy medium! Ha ha!! Now if we can just get a stove and refrigerator in our apartment we will be all set.

We ended up doing a lot of service this week and I loved it so much! Service is a great way to show love to your neighbor, as well as to Heavenly Father (Mosiah 2:17-18). I do have to admit doing service three days in a row might not have been the best idea. I couldn't lift anything up for about a day!! Ha ha! But the best part of serving others is the smile on their face and seeing the light in their eyes when we help them. One of the people we helped was surprised that we didn't care what we are wearing, we jumped right in and helped. One of our investigators had to move hundreds of pounds of concrete and bricks so my companion and I threw our backpacks down and got to work!! He was so grateful and beyond words. That is why I am here. I am here to give an extra hand, to teach the gospel, and to save souls.

I can really see the blessings I have received from serving diligently and being obedient! We have so many investigators who want to be baptized that we have a hard time seeing all of them every day because there are many of them! Speaking of which, we had a baptism this weekend! Valeria and Jostyn took their first covenant in the waters of baptism! It went well and they were so excited. Right now, we are working on teaching nine progressing investigators, eight of which have committed to baptism! I know the Lord has sent me here to La Paz, Machala for a specific reason and only He knows what that reason is! But I am so grateful for this area and the ward. The ward is so loving and even accepts me as a gringo! I am coming up to my eight month mark which would mark 1/3 of the way done. Time really flies when you're doing what you love and let me just say, I love this gospel and I love this church and Ecuador!! And I love all of you! Thank you for your support and prayers.

Always remember, the Lord is first and we will receive all the blessings we need to have, through and only through Him.

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson










No comments:

Post a Comment