Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Elder Sorenson - May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day! 

This week went by so fast and I don't even know where the time is going! My companion and I were super busy all week because of how many people we taught, plus the fact that we are moving to a new apartment and we also did service a few times this week! 

I love this mission, but it is actually really hot and I am always sweaty! The best part of my week was obviously yesterday!! Getting to talk to my entire family was a huge blessing. Seeing all of my beautiful cousins just made me smile and realize the blessings they are receiving for me serving a mission! 

It was also a great birthday present to be able to talk to my family on Skype and also receive letters and a package from them! It doesn't feel like I'm 19 but hey, time flies! Ha ha! My birthday went well, I got spoiled by the loving members here. I had four dinners that were either burgers, tacos, or pizza and Coke! Ha ha! The members know me well. 

The memories that will always be with me this week are the lessons that are not prepared. My companion and I plan for the lessons, but obviously not everything always goes as planned. When we teach by the Spirit, the spirit will indicate and give us the words we need to say for the person we are talking too which will help them understand! Sometimes it is hard to recognize the spirit. When you try your best, by always putting yourself in good situations, the Spirit of the Lord will fill your heart and you will be comforted! 

I love missionary work! There's nothing better! Thank you all for reading my letters every week and supporting me throughout these two years! I apologize if there are things I leave out of my letters that you want to know. Just email me questions and I would be happy to answer them. 

The Lord lives and I know with all my heart that this church is true, it has blessed my life and can certainly bless yours! Happy Mother's Day and I hope everyone has a great week!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Matthew 10:20

A birthday package sent from my home! Thanks mom, Morgan, Aspen, and Grandpa/ma! I LOVE the presents and will use all them!

Morgan, thank you for the beef jerky and Spanish version of the Plan of Salvation wood puzzle!



No comments:

Post a Comment