Monday, May 8, 2017

Elder Sorenson - May 8, 2017


Hi Everyone!

Well, first things first....I am officially a dad! Haha! I guess when you train, your trainer is your son and you become his father. This week was officially the longest week I have had on my mission. As most of you know last week, I went to Guayaquil on Monday to pick up my new companions fresh off of the airplane from the MTC. On Tuesday, we got to meet who our new companion is and my new companion's name is Elder Garcia! He is from Peru and is super cool!! Wednesday, we drove back to Machala and ran some errands because we both didn't have food for the week. Haha!

I learned a lot this week, especially the importance of patience and understanding. I knew training was going to be hard, because I remember the mission field is so much more different than the MTC. My Companions and I really work hard and have been getting good results. We have 10 baptism dates right now, which is the most in our zone. Elder Garcia came here super excited and ready to work, it is hard for me to explain that the rules we have here are different and there are actually more rules that he doesn't know about. I love my companion, he is really testing my patience but I appreciate it because I know this is going to help me grow a ton. My leadership personality has settled in and I find myself not scared at all to talk to anyone and I am not scared about this language either! Every day this week has been a new adventure and I have discovered things I need to work on and get better at.

The great thing about my new companion is that he knows quite a bit of English and he really wants to learn more and be fluent in it. We made a rule of where we speak Spanish in the street and English in the house.

Anyways, this week went well and I know it will get easier! I hope all of you know the value of patience in a relationship because it is very important. Always put others before yourself and you will see the blessings! I love you all and I will see you in 6 days "fam" for Skype! This gospel is true and I know it will change your life! Just read and pray!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Ether 12:27
Mosiah 24:13-16  












No comments:

Post a Comment