Sunday, August 20, 2017

Elder Sorenson - August 14, 2017

Hi Everyone!

Well, this week was the fastest of them all! So much happened in so little time so I hope next week will be a little more calm. My companion I have been in a trio for the past three or four days because an Elder went home for knee problems so we have been covering two areas to teach and it has just been crazy! The three of us got a ton of attention because it was three gringos walking in the streets side by side! One is part Asian, another is straight gringo, and then the basic gringo - ME! Haha! It was fun being busy and running to appointments because of the distance between them!

Last Saturday was a super fun day! There was an activity for like three or four stakes in Guayaquil. So what it was is all of the youth were able to go out with a missionary and see what teaching is like in the life of a missionary! My first companion, Elder Espinoza, and my first convert, Alex, who is preparing for a mission was there! The missionaries were told to take one of the youth and just go and contact random people and find references. So I got to take two youth and we went out in the streets! I think I found the hardest part of town to contact because I got rejected so many times! I felt really bad for the youth because they were really scared and wouldn't talk. Afterward, I asked them what they learn and they said, "That the mission in life is super hard!"  It made me realize how much I have grown, how I always try my best to find people to teach, and how blessed I have been to be in the parts of Ecuador where the majority of people have faith in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I am super grateful for the activity I participated in and this mission because I have learned so much from it and have grown to realize the real necessity of the gospel that I need in my life.

I am also super grateful for the zone that I am in and their hard work to save souls! I don't like to just look at the numbers, but the increase in people committed to being baptized has increased so much, it is literally a miracle! We went from 6 people to 23 people that have a baptism date!! It makes me super happy and really able to see the blessings I have received from being here!

I love you all and I know everyone is doing great. Keep enjoying the last bit of summer vacation and just now that I am ALWAYS praying for you!!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

PS. This week I cooked In-n-Out burgers for a family in my ward! They loved the hamburgers and sent pictures to my mom that she will add to this week's blog. 





No comments:

Post a Comment