Sunday, August 20, 2017

Elder Sorenson - August 6, 2017

Hi Everyone!

Como estan? Todo bien? It was a pretty great week that seemed quite long, but I got through it! I think I am going to call the zone I am in "The Injured Zone." One Elder fell off his bed and his knee is all messed up, another Elder was playing ping pong and the table collapsed and landed directly on his foot that left him with a bruise the size of a football! The sisters were in the hospital all week for some type of sickness and then I got chicken guia and that was terrible! But, hey! It happens!

A positive this week is that we had Leadership Council and so all of the Zone Leaders came down to Quayaquil to be at the meeting. It was so awesome and cool that I got to see a lot of Elders that I hadn't seen for months! I learned a lot in this meeting, including the importance of setting goals that test our ultimate capacity and that are actually beneficial to our progression. 

It is so weird to know that in about 3 weeks, I am going to be the group of Gringos that have the most time in the mission! It is honestly crazy how fast time goes by! I am excited to meet the new Gringos that don't know a lick of Spanish and be able to help them out and answer any questions they have!

I guess the difficulty we found this week was not being able to teach as much as we like too because NOBODY was home and we couldn't seem to find any of our investigators at their house. My companion and I also went on a lot of exchanges so that we could go with the "not sick" companions and visit their investigators. It was cool to give advice on how to find, teach, and convert the people here in Huenca Vilca. 

Para terminar, quiero testificar que esta iglesia es verdadera y que la obra misional es necesario para salvar almas y para que familias pueden ser eternas. Se con todo mi corazon que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero y tenemos la iglesia de Jesucristo sobre la faz de la tierra y no hay algo mejor que serviendo una mision. Debemos ser obediente y diligente por toda la vida para regresar al presencia de nuestros Padre Celestial. En el nombre de Jesucristo. Amen.

Con Amor, 
Elder Sorenson

John 5:24












No comments:

Post a Comment