Sunday, August 6, 2017

Elder Sorenson - July 31, 2017

Hi Everyone!

Well, I definitely forgot how crazy Guayaquil is compared to Machala. It is very loud and there are so many more people here. It is super fun being companions with Elder Bourtschi!! He is from Las Vegas and he has just a little over a year on in his mission. He works super hard and I love having him as a companion. We really are great teachers together and the things I am not so great at, he is, and vice versa. 

Some highlights from the first week back in Guayaquil are being able to say hi to some of the families from when I was first here. They were all shocked that I am able to talk to them in Spanish now! Ha ha we also had our entire zone participate in the talent show for our ward. Because we are missionaries, our talents are limited, but we were able to get the crowd laughing and we made some really funny jokes. Ha ha! but the ward I am in is so loving and they are so great! They all just love helping the missionaries and giving us food and everything. 

My companion and I have found so many people ready to listen to our message! They actually read and pray, which is super rare! We have three people that have baptism dates and they all are super receptive in what we have to share with them. They are all working really hard to be able to know for a fact that our message is true. They are really wanting more and more. Their desires to learn more are incredible and inspiring.

I honestly do not have much to say this week because I am learning a lot and trying to learn my new zone, but I want to bear my testimony that I know that this is His work and that I have been sent here for a reason. I know the book of Mormon is true and that this church is true. I love being on the Lord's errand and being able to share my testimony to everyone here in Ecuador. I know and testify that our families are eternal and if we are worthy, we will be able to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father! Love you all and I hope you are all enjoying your summer break!

Love Always, 
Elder Sorenson



No comments:

Post a Comment