Sunday, August 27, 2017

Elder Sorenson - August 21, 2017

Hi everyone!

I really can't believe how fast my mission is going by. I truly believe that when you are super busy day in and day out, time flies by!

My week was actually pretty crazy, but I learned quite a bit. On Tuesday, I had companion exchanges with the Assistants and it was super fun! I learned so much and I'm so excited to be able to apply what I learned from them. I think the biggest thing I learned this week is teaching with simplicity. In my lessons, I usually find myself talking really fast and loud, which, at times, is effective, but what my companion has taught me in these past four weeks is the importance of taking your time and speaking really simply. I forget that a lot of people I teach don't really have any knowledge of the words like gospel, revelation, prophets, and so what I learned is to always teach in a way that a five-year-old could understand me. This has helped me a lot!

I think the "out of the ordinary" thing that happened to me this week was on Saturday. There was a baptism in the morning, so we went and on our way home we walked past a '74 Thunderbird and I just about freaked out. We are in a pretty dangerous part of Guayaquil and this car was just parked outside. Haha! The owner came outside and let us take pictures in it. It was something I thought never would've happened in my mission. Haha!

As of right now, we have quite a bit of investigators and people that are 2/3 progressing. Our church here is at 3PM and it is so hard getting them to come to church because it is in the middle of the day!

There is so much potential in the area that I am in. I truly have a genuine love for the people I get to teach everyday. They read and pray, but they don't come to church! It is so frustrating because we have so much time in the morning to make sure they are going to church and they tell us yes, but then they end up not showing up. I know this is something that will be solved and improve next week! Other than that, my investigators are amazing and I can really see their faith building day by day!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

D&C 18:45





















No comments:

Post a Comment