Saturday, September 2, 2017

Elder Sorenson - August 28, 2017

Hi Everyone!

Those pictures I sent last week were taken when we went to an island and saw iguanas, alligators, and birds! It was fun to do something new and visit a new place in Guayaquil! 

This past week I got to do exchanges with an Elder in my old sector so we visited my converts. It was so great to see them still active in the church! I learned in the exchange the importance of enduring to the end. The Elder I was with is ending his mission in a week so I guess you could say he is a little "trunky" and I tried my best to get him to work his hardest this last week! Also, I learned the importance of investigators needing a testimony of the church before being able to teach them the rules or commandments we must obey. If they don't have a testimony or are unsure that the church is true, why would they obey the word of wisdom? I have really gotten to learn the importance of building my investigator's faith and their hope in the church then AFTER, teaching them the importance of not drinking alcohol or things like that. It is so much more easier to stop when you have a testimony. I promise. 

The zone I am in is really working hard and I am really proud of the work they have done in the past week! Honestly, we are so close and all of us get along great! What I love about the church and serving a mission is that the missionaries here may have different hobbies, my companion might like the Giants and I like the Dodgers and we might be from different countries, but all of those things don't matter because we all have two things in common, which is a testimony that this is the Lord's church and that we are dedicating 18 months to two years of our life to be able to share what we know with the people of Ecuador. 

I honestly thought two years was going to be a long time, but for me it is not enough. I love this church and the happiness it has brought me. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have been given to share my testimony every day! I love you all! 

Love always, Elder Sorenson 

John 4:34-36










No comments:

Post a Comment