Sunday, September 17, 2017

Elder Sorenson - September 11, 2017

Hi everyone! 

This week was transfers for everyone so we were pretty busy because everyone in our zone had them and two of them were receiving brand new missionaries fresh out of the MTC! So my companion and I were running around looking for beds and desks for the new missionaries. I can't believe how fast time goes, do you remember my old companion Elder Cortez? Yeah, he is in his house and finished his mission this past week! Also my first companion, Elder Espinoza finished on Wednesday as well!

We got to do service this week in the middle of a community park and the people are so nice! A member had asked us to help them out and we ended up raking a bunch of leaves, but what was super cool is that two or three random people that lived there came up to us and bought us coke, crackers, and juice. They then expressed their appreciation for us and how much this little act of kindness meant to them! The service was simple, but you know how the quote goes, "How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time!" I know that service is a great way to help people to realize that we don't just teach. We serve in many different ways! Many people here are surprised that my companion and I don't care about getting dirty in our church clothes. Ha ha! My companion and I will just drop our backpacks and go to work...whether it be moving bricks, concrete, painting or whatever things we can do, we will do it in a heart beat! 

Oh, and I also gave a talk in sacrament yesterday and it went really well! I talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how we should study so that we can know for our self that it is true and that we are all able to receive revelation! I want to leave you with a quote I said during my talk (in Spanish of course), "When we take the term of the scripture and adapt it to conform to our circumstances, it will mean so much more! We should do it with integrity, taking the eternal principles and applying them to our own life to be able to receive the answers we need for eternal happiness."

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

D&C 93:49
D&C 25:16
Everyone can receive revelation if we truly desire it! 
On 9/10/17, a sweet sister in Ecuador FB messaged this picture to Kyle's mom, Kim, letting her know that her mom had made this tie for him! 




No comments:

Post a Comment