Monday, September 18, 2017

Elder Sorenson - September 18, 2017

Hi everyone!

Well, this week went great and my companion and I had a lot of fun! We had a baptism yesterday, but forgot to take pictures (sorry mom)!  It was such a beautiful service and my companion and I got to sing at it. I had my second meeting with all of the zone leaders and it went well. I learned a lot, especially how I can be the example to help people in my zone become better. Since I came back to Guayaquil, I have really grown and strengthened my testimony that this work is true. I love being able to serve as a leader in this mission!

I want to talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon. As a missionary, I have really learned to love this Book and it literally can be applied to any aspect of our lives. I know what it says is true. It is the key to our religion and another testament of Jesus Christ. I invite all of you to read this book and learn from it. In about two weeks, our beloved prophet will speak to us and in order to be able to learn and truly be edified from this Conference, we need to be spiritually ready and we can do that by reading the Book of Mormon and praying every day!

I love all of the letters and support that I receive from all of you! I pray for you every day. I know this is where I need to be. I hope the best for all of you and I really hope you can all find this true happiness that I have found here on my mission. This is all true and this is so important for the people of Ecuador to know.

Please listen to Jeffrey R. Holland's talk, "The Best Is Yet To Come" Watch It. Live It. Love it.
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2010/01/the-best-is-yet-to-be?lang=eng&cid=email-shared

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Ephesians 4:32


Kyle's companion made homemade soup!


Elder Sorenson and his missionary companions making Kyle's mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies They were delicious! A HUGE thank you to the sweet Ecuadorian sister who FB Messaged Kim the pictures! 


Elder Sorenson and his missionary companions making Kyle's mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies They were delicious! A HUGE thank you to the sweet Ecuadorian sister who FB Messaged Kim the pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment