Monday, September 25, 2017

Elder Sorenson - September 25, 2017

Hi Everyone!

This week went by great, but once again, super fast! We had a few meetings with the stake and also one with the president! They were really great and we all learned a lot. I felt like this week we didn't have very many lessons because of all the meetings.

One thing I learned this week is that enduring to the end is so important and having patience for every investigator that you have. I don't know if you remember this, but my first baptism on my mission was Lila. She is 80 years old and down to earth. She had a few problems, but we finally got her baptized. The last month when I was in my first sector in January we started teaching her son Jose. He's about 60 or so and had a problem with leaving the house. He hadn't left his house for six years because he was scared of the outside world. We had him committed to going to church in February and were super excited! That day I received changes to go to another city and he changed his mind about leaving the house. Now we will fast forward to two weeks ago or so and I saw him for the first time in seven months. His eyes lit up and he got super excited! This last Saturday, he was baptized. He told us the first thing he wanted to do when he left his house was go to church. It was such a special moment to be at his baptism and see how happy he was at the service! I know that a lot of missionaries have helped him know the truth and the importance of baptism! I am so fortunate to have been part of that experience with him!

Another thing I would like to invite all of you to do is to read the Book of Mormon with the mission and I. We are all, as a mission, going to read together every day. We're going to start in October 1st! I attached a picture of the days and their reading assignment of what we will read! I hope you will join me and the rest of my mission as we read the book of Mormon together!

Take care!

Elder Sorenson
Matthew 6:19-21 - "God is always first!"










No comments:

Post a Comment