Friday, December 29, 2017

Elder Sorenson - December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!

Espero que este dia esta lleno de alegria y memorias spectaculares! 

Honestly, I still do not believe it is Christmas because 1. It is 95° here, and 2. There aren’t any Christmas lights. So I feel like it is just in the middle of June right now. Ha ha! But I know and feel all of the love that you have this Christmas season!

It was quite an up-and-down week this past week because all of the non-missionary stuff we had to do. We had another Christmas devotional and my companion and I had to mop, clean, and set everything up. It was quite a stressful day and it didn’t turn out how I would’ve liked, but I know the Christmas spirit was there and it made a lot of people feel the true meaning of Christmas!

I know that Christ lives and I know that the true meaning of Christmas is to help other people. I have been given a great opportunity to do that 24/7 here in Ecuador. I love the work and there is honestly nothing better. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I am also very grateful for all of your support and prayers. I feel them every day as I walk the streets of Ecuador. You don’t need to worry about me here because I truly am in good hands.

To close my letter this week, I want to end with one of my favorite verses of Christmas. “Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay close by me forever, and love me, I pray. Bless all the dear children in thy tender care, and fit us for heaven to live with thee there.”

Merry Christmas from Ecuador!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Luke 2:49
Don’t worry about me!






No comments:

Post a Comment