Thursday, December 21, 2017

Elder Sorenson - December 18, 2017

Merry Christmas!

The Christmas season is here, but it does not feel like we will celebrate the birth of Christ in a week! I guess part of the reason is that I am not huddled next to a fire like usual because in Ecuador, this time is the hottest time of the year. To really picture Ecuador at Christmas is not hard. They aren't really festive and don't really have lights, but the majority of people have a little tree in their family room. They care more about blowing things up than anything else.

I have really gotten caught up in the work because I didn't realize it was Christmas time until recently. But that is okay because I need to forget myself and go to work, right? We had a baptism of a little girl named Valentina and she reminded me of my little cousins (just speaking Spanish). Haha! It was honestly super spiritual and she asked me to confirm her as a member of the Church which was such a privilege to do! Another soul saved that can enter God's Kingdom!

Honestly, the best part of the week was the Christmas Devotional that our mission put together for a few stakes last night.  My companion and I are both into music and know how powerful it is and so we started planning the devotional in October. But everything in South America is last-minute so we didn't start rehearsing until last Thursday. Haha! We got it done and it was successful. There were about 300 people who showed up to the devotional. The music was so powerful to me. Once I get my hands on the video, I will send it to all of you!

I hope you all have a wonderful and memorable Christmas! This is the "most wonderful time of the year" if you remember it for the right reasons. It is to remember the Lord's birth and to give service to others.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from me to you here in Guayaquil, Ecuador! I love you all.

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Luke 2



Elder Sorenson and his companion "Lighting the World" with a little bit of paint!

"The good looking (and single) Christmas choir" reports Elder Sorenson

"The good looking (and single) Christmas choir" reports Elder Sorenson

"The good looking (and single) Christmas choir" reports Elder Sorenson
Baptism of Valentina - a little girl who reminds Elder Sorenson of his little cousins!  Elder Sorenson confirmed Valentina  as a member of Church.







Elder Sorenson's covert from his first sector! 






No comments:

Post a Comment