Monday, December 18, 2017

Elder Sorenson - December 11, 2017


Hi Everyone!

This week was the same as usual, working hard and sweating a lot. It is quite the opposite Christmas season here, intense heat and no turkey! I am at least with an American this holiday season and we can think about the good-ole-days when were in the states! But I wanted to talk about the program that the church is doing this Christmas. It is called Light the World and is such an amazing thing to be a part of! Being in a third-world country has really made me grateful for what I had and sadly, took advantage of in the states.

This Christmas, I really want to think of others and I want you all to do the same. We have been blessed with homes, families, food, cars, etc. and there are so many people who don’t have any of that. This program #LighttheWorld, is helping us remember that TRUE meaning of Christmas. I love serving the Lord and it is honestly such a humbling experience to realize how much poverty there is in the world, but with the love we have in our hearts, we can help one soul at a time.

When Chris came here to earth, he healed the sick, deaf, blind, and dumb. He was His only Begotten Son who came here and atoned for our sins. I am trying to be like Jesus and I know for a fact that living this Gospel helps me become more like Him each and every day. I am not perfect, but I know I can be perfected through Him at the last day. This holiday season is helping me do that! I invite you to go on this website and see what each one of you can do to Light the World! Matthew 25:31-40

I love you!
Elder Sorenson
 

#LightTheWorld
 
My companion and I at a service project!

My companion and I at a service project!

My companion and I at a service project!

Getting prepared for Christmas, they paint these things and then blow them up on Christmas and New Years!

Getting prepared for Christmas, they paint these things and then blow them up on Christmas and New Years!

Getting prepared for Christmas, they paint these things and then blow them up on Christmas and New Years!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment