Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Elder Sorenson - December 4, 2017

Hi Everyone!

It was quite a frustrating week for many things that happen. I know not everyone is perfect and we make mistakes, but this week was rough. We have an investigator, her name is Sandy, and she wants to be baptized. Honestly, we could fill  a baptismal font tomorrow. The rest of her family is baptize, so we are trying to complete the family to make all of them members. The only challenge that she has is that she isn’t married, just like about half of Ecuador. But she wants to get married and is super excited about it! For the past four or five weeks we’ve been trying to get her to go and get married with a member because she can’t go by herself. Every single time, the member will cancel on us and our investigator will get really sad that she can’t go! It should be the opposite! Obviously, everyone is busy and has things but when you make a commitment to someone, you have to follow through or let them know ahead of time that you can’t go. We have expressed our frustrations with the Bishop and I hope this week will be better, I mean, it’s a new week!

We also talked to our Mission President and he agreed to let us put together a Christmas choir that travels to all the stakes in the mission! We start our practice this week and I hope that we will find a lot more people to teach through this!

Also, my companion celebrated his 20th birthday this week and I am his companion so it was my birthday too! They feed you so much food here, it is in sane. My companion I had two breakfasts, three lunches, and then four dinners. I literally felt and looked like a giant balloon because of how much food I ate!

I really learned patience this week. A lot of patience, not only for other people but for myself too. I know the Lord tested me this week and I tried my best to pass! I love you all and hope that you’re doing good this holiday season!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

#LightTheWorld
Mormon.org
25DaysOfChristmas








No comments:

Post a Comment