Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Elder Sorenson - January 15, 2018

Hi Everyone!

My first week in the new world and I have already lost over 5 pounds. I love it here, but it is freezing cold and the amount of taxis we have to take because of how big the sector is, is insane!

I know you all want to know what the members are like and how it is here. So I am in a branch with four other missionaries. So there are six missionaries assigned to the branch. The sector is huge and has a ton of hills. There is a myth here that it is impossible to find people to teach but it is not true. There are quite a few people that are willing to listen and are super sweet. Another thing about my new sector is that is really quiet and peaceful. In Guayaquil, there is always music in the streets but here it is like silent during the evenings.

My new companion is Elder Tomeolo. He is from Brazil, but lived in Mexico and the United States so he knows 3 languages. So right now, I am learning Portuguese and it is really fun, but hard because I am used to pronouncing words in Spanish. He is a really hard worker and really cares for and loves everyone. He is a great missionary and I’m excited to work with him.

Also, I think the Lord knows how organized I am and that I am a great help to move houses because we are moving again. Every sector I have been in we have moved at least once so it’s awesome getting a fresh start here in Loja.

The biggest miracle this week was out of the blue. We got out of the taxi and I saw a lady struggling with grocery bags going up the big hill. We felt inspired to help her and started walking with her bags. We started talking and right there, in the street, invited her to be baptized. She said she would love to! What a tender mercy from Him!

I love you and hope you have a great week!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

2 Nephi 4:35
“Ask for just things!”


Photos of Elder Sorenson's new sector in Loja, Ecuador

Photos of Elder Sorenson's new sector in Loja, Ecuador

Photos of Elder Sorenson's new sector in Loja, Ecuador

Photos of Elder Sorenson's new sector in Loja, Ecuador

Photos of Elder Sorenson's new sector in Loja, Ecuador

Photos of Elder Sorenson's new sector in Loja, Ecuador




No comments:

Post a Comment