Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Elder Sorenson - January 23, 2018

Hi Everyone!

It is so cold here and it is always raining. I honestly forgot what cold weather was like. Loja is a GIANT zone! There are elders that are part of this zone that live more than an hour away. I’m still trying to memorize my zone and figure out where the members live, but it is so big!

We spent the majority of the week traveling and doing companion exchanges to help out the other elders in their sectors. An experience that I had this week is a story of two investigators that we have. Their names are Jackson and Efron. They both struggle with smoking and drinking. Efron is one of the most humblest and greatest man I have ever met. When we taught the Word of Wisdom, he instantly knew what we were saying was true. He had been smoking 20 cigarette a day, but after teaching him the power of the Atonement, he has gone down to three a day. Obviously, the three needs to stop as well, but the improvement and the love he has for the Savior is incredible. I had the idea to give each of them a CTR ring that my wonderful family sent me from back home in California. They immediately put it on and loved them. A few days later, the other investigator Jackson, told us that every time he has the urge to smoke, he looks at the CTR ring and his desire stops completely. He even told us that he doesn’t even take it off when he showers! Ha ha! What great faith he has!

We have had a great week this week and I know that it can be 400 times better the more diligent, obedient, and PATIENT I am. I’m trying my best to be a true disciple of Christ and I invite you all to do the same! You don’t need a name plaque to be a missionary. Help a friend in need, bear your testimony, and invite them to show their face and ACT. Nothing happens if we don’t have faith.

I love you all and I know that this church is true. Read the book of Mormon every day!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

Alma 32 & James 2:17-18, 22



















No comments:

Post a Comment