Monday, May 21, 2018

Elder Sorenson - May 21, 2018


Hi Everyone!

I had a crazy week with a lot of good byes and hellos. I have a new companion; his name is Elder Dorivs. He is from St. George, Utah. He is my first companion from Utah, can you believe that? Haha! But we had a great week with a lot of finding new people and being able to teach! I am excited to see how much success we will have here these next few weeks. I am still in Loja, so by the time this transfer ends, I will have been here for 6 months. I have learned so much in this city. The biggest thing I have learned is this Branch is the power and importance of PATIENCE with everything. Every single person has imperfections, but the trick is that you have to learn to love the imperfections of other people. Without that, there would never be any happiness and be a ton of contention between people.

I know that the head of the church is God the Father and Christ His Son. I also know that They run this Church by inspiring their leaders. I know that the leaders are not perfect but they have been called of God to serve.  I know that His Church is perfect and that I need to always magnify my callings in the Church to be able to help other people at all times. (Jacob 1:19) I will forever be loyal to my callings and try my best to serve and support my leaders for the rest of my life. There is honestly nothing better for me than serving the Lord every day and being 100% diligent in His work.

I know, without a doubt, that this church is true. I invite all of you to be more diligent in your callings and always remember who really called you to serve. I also invite you to see the good in each leader and I promise you will always be happier and be even more in tune with the Spirit. I love all you and hope that you have a great and amazing summer. Enjoy it because time goes by way too fast!  Be safe and eat an extra Otter Pop for me!

Love,
Elder Sorenson

That He May Become Strong Also
Henry B. Erying – Priesthood Session, October 2016
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/that-he-may-become-strong-also?lang=eng


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment