Monday, May 28, 2018

Elder Sorenson - May 28, 2018

Hi everyone!

Today I would like to talk about diligence in the Lord’s work. Here in Ecuador, specifically in Loja, it is a little hard finding new people to teach and getting them to church. Contacting doors doesn’t work much because nobody wants to answer. The reason I say this is because I want to tell you that the work is not easy, never was and never will be. I get rejected and yelled at but, it doesn’t ever change the testimony I have of this church. I know it’s true and that is why I am trying to give it my all every single day.

Diligence is defined as, “A constant and valiant effort, particularly in the service of the Lord, and in the obedience to his word.” The word that sticks out to me the most is CONSTANT. Diligence is not a one time thing and it is not at the specific hour of the day. It is constant. Constantly finding and constantly inviting His children to make covenants. I have to admit and say I am not always finding because nobody is perfect but even if people reject me, I try my best to not let it affect my diligent consistency.

Everyone should and does have a responsibility in the church, the fact of the matter is if we are being diligent in our own calling. An apostle was once asked what the most important calling in the church was. He responded with, “your calling.” So I know that whatever calling you have, you were called from the Lord and He loves you so much for all of the effort and time you put into your church duties. Please remember that even when times are tough and it might not seem like there’s enough time to visit anyone due to your busy schedule, remember that the Lord called you and He supports you and comforts you when you need extra energy. I promise that the blessings of serving other people and magnifying your callings are much greater than extra sleep, an extra movie, or an extra post on Facebook. 

I love you!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Jacob 1:19
D&C 107:99-100








No comments:

Post a Comment