Saturday, June 16, 2018

Elder Sorenson - June 4, 2018

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope all graduations, mission call openings, and homecomings went great.

I was organizing my suitcase and I came across my mission call. It has been two years, May 31, 2016, since I received my call and now here we are in the final quarter of my mission. I know I am not even close to being home, but my letter is for all the future Missionaries.

I just want to testify to you from the bottom of my heart that this work is true and that it is the best two years you’ll ever experience. I love the mission and I love being in a Third World country. Now, I am not going to lie, it is not easy. It never was easy. That just shows me and you the truthfulness and power of the gospel when someone truly accepts this gospel.

For all of you that are about to go or have received mission calls, PLEASE PREPARE. Please read the Book of Mormon every day and read the Preach My Gospel manual. If you have a strong testimony already, make it stronger by going on visits with the missionaries.

I know that the work is not temporal, it is about helping people receive ordinances that permits them to enter into God’s kingdom.

Be safe this summer and have fun, but always remember what your responsibilities are in whatever place in life you may be right now. Be obedient to the Lord’s commandments. Be grateful for your trials. Be loving to your family before you leave on your mission because they are the ones who will write you these two years.

If you have any questions or concerns about what missionary life is like, I will try my best to answer them and help you!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Matthew 28:19- 20











No comments:

Post a Comment