Sunday, June 17, 2018

Elder Sorenson - June 11, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Today I want to talk with you about the importance of planning in life and in all things. In my mission my President always remind us about the importance and the necessity of planning out everything so that we are better organized and better off in life. As a missionary, I plan every single day with each hour of the day being occupied with teaching, finding, or helping. Always, always, always we set goals for the day and also weekly. Now, at first, the planning was a little extreme for me and I always thought to myself, “Is this really necessary? Or can I just go with the flow and let the wind carry me?” I soon realized that no. I need to plan so that I find more success during my day and throughout my life, always striving to achieve the eternal goals.

The other vital thing that I have learned on my mission is that plans and goals don’t always come through and most of the time I fall short but I’d rather find myself running unexpected errands for President, helping a companionship solve problems, or helping a member in need. I want to testify to you today about those unexpected incidents. Yes, they are unexpected and yes, some of the time unwanted, but those moments are what really shows your capability, character, and will power. We, as a busy, working society, have to learn how to recognize the good and how to enjoy the unexpected delays of the day. We have to learn how to do it with a smile and with a happy heart or the “good” we do goes undone. If we keep away our hearts, we are not demonstrating charity, the pure love of Christ. Learning to fulfill goals and adjust or modify the day, in order to help someone in need, will really help us become happier, less stressed, and more like Christ.

I invite all to make effective plans for the day and strive to accomplish your goals, but never forget to look for the opportunity to serve. Always remember these two things -
  1.  NO AMOUNT of unexpected change can change your path to eternal life, only your choices and exercising your agency. 
  2. You CAN NOT control what happens to you, but you CAN control your reaction to it!
Love,
 
Elder Sorenson
Moroni 7:6-13
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
D&C 18:19
 










 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment