Friday, June 29, 2018

Elder Sorenson - June 18, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Once again, I witnessed a huge miracle in the mission this week. But to begin, we had a Zone Conference and we learned quite a bit of stuff. One thing we learned was the power and importance of the Book of Mormon. The other vital thing to have a powerful testimony of is the First Vision of Joseph Smith. I realized that I need to be converted 100% in this Gospel in order to be able to help others realize the blessings this Church can bring. And I promise, I am in 100%!!

The miracle I had this week was our eternal investigator, Efan Lopez, got baptized! He has had an addiction to tobacco for over 50 years and had been struggling to overcome his addiction. This last week, after working with him for the last 6 months, he finally gave it up and was baptized. I can't explain to you enough how much I love that man. He has a powerful testimony and has such a sweet heart. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and the Plan He has for each of us. I know everything goes according to His time and will.

I have been learning a lot about patience and love in this Branch. After being in it for 6 months, I have seen some good things and I have also seen some bad. With the natural man in me, it is so hard to not get mad or lose my patience and unfortunately, I have done that occasionally. But what matters most is that THIS IS CHRIST'S CHURCH. He runs it and I know 100% that it is His. I also know that the church is run by imperfect people but I, as a representative of Jesus Christ, have to support my leaders and always do what's right.

I love this work and it honestly tears me apart that I only have 3 months left. But I know that even after my two years of wearing a plaque, I will never stop serving or being a missionary of the Lord.

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson















No comments:

Post a Comment