Sunday, May 13, 2018

Elder Sorenson - May 7, 2018

Hi everyone!

This week went by so fast and I can’t believe I’m turning 20 in two days. I had a lot of fun with my companion this week and was able to really think about how great my mission has been. My companion is ending his mission in a week and, as his companion, it is inevitable not to think about all I have learned in these last 19 months. I have grown so much and I have dedicated myself to God. With that being said, I want to bear my testimony about this work in the church.

I love this gospel and I know, without a doubt, that is true. At times, I get sad that people don’t except the message we bring or don’t ever attend church, but every time that happens I remember and ponder in the Atonement of Christ. There is not a single human that understands the atonement 100%, but I know it is true and that it allows me to repent. He is my Savior and redeemer. I love Him and I will forever be in debt with Him. I know that Russell M Nelson is the prophet of God and he helps us build our testimony and he helps us recognize the presence of the Lord in our lives.

I know, with all the certainty of my heart, the Joseph Smith restored the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know he was called of God and I know he was a prophet in these latter days. I know through the power of God, he translated the Book of Mormon. I have a profound love for this book and the knowledge it has given me. I have no doubt that it comes from God and I know that from reading it. I didn’t ask a friend or look it up on the internet, but I actually read it. I receive such an amazing feeling of peace and happiness every time I read it. It radiates in my soul during the day and I honestly can’t express to you how much I love this book. I know that missionary work is true! Christ will come again, but we need to be prepared. I promise that if you pray read and go to church, you will have the spiritual strength to do anything.

I love you. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

1 Corinthians 10:13 Matthew 7: 24-27









No comments:

Post a Comment