Monday, April 30, 2018

Elder Sorenson - April 30, 2018

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am writing once again because another P-Day is already here. This week we had so many things to do and it was quite crazy. On Saturday, we had a wonderful day, super busy, and exhausting, but it was worth it in the end! For a ward activity, we too a trip to Ibiza (fictitious island) and it was super fun! They asked me to be the pilot because I am the tallest one here and I am white. Haha!  It was so great seeing everyone having a good time and enjoying themselves as a religious family. Right before the activity, our awesome investigator, Dominique, got baptized!

During the activity, I started to think and I realized, or remembered, something so vital in the conversion process. Obviously, one needs to come to know the Gospel and that the Book of Mormon is true. But the other essential part that is truly necessary is the SOCIAL PART. I went from an amazing baptism service, where someone was making a sacred ordinance, to an activity where the same person was laughing and having an amazing time! It is so important for people from outside our religion, to really see that we are pretty normal. Amongst ourselves, we are the most normal people and we seem to forget what we really appear to people outside our religion. Activities with other members and non-members gives us time together to laugh, enjoy one another's company and create memories that don't just include people in a white shirt and tie, saying that our faith is like a mustard seed 24/7.

Obviously, there is a missionary thought to all of this as well! BRING YOUR FRIENDS TO THE ACTIVITIES!  Show/introduce them to the missionaries and let your non-member or less-active friends experience or re-experience the abundance of joy this church can bring and the blessings they will receive, both temporal and spiritual.

I love this church and the love and energy it has. I love the people and I am so grateful for the happiness it has given me throughout my life.  I might not of realized it before my mission, but the blessings have been there all of my life and I am finally spiritually mature enough to recognize them and I will be forever grateful.

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson


















No comments:

Post a Comment