Monday, April 23, 2018

Elder Sorenson - April 23, 2018

Hi Everyone!

This week I was able to study Mosiah 2 and it was very interesting. All of the things I learned are so valuable and precious to me. At first, verse 17 in Mosiah 2 states that when I am in the service of my fellow beings, I am only in the service of my God. It is completely true, but there is another thing that is super important. We have to serve with our WHOLE SOUL, without this, it says we would be "unprofitable servants" which means, really, the work we give to others without putting our whole souls into it, goes undone and doesn't help us grow!

Where do I want to go with this? It says in verse 21, that we shouldn't do things according to our own will, or "withhold our whole soul in the service of God". Why? Verse 23. He gave us and granted us this life! We are "indebted unto Him!" We all have a loving Heavenly Father who gave us a life to prepare and progress in this Gospel. He loves each and every one of us. He sent His Son to pay and die for our sins. His Son gave His WHOLE SOUL, His WHOLE LIFE in the service of helping others. As it says in verse 24, "Ye are still indebted until Him, and ARE, and WILL BE, FOREVER AND EVER; therefore, of what have ye to boast?" We are nothing. We are life-long debtors for what the Lord has done and still does for us. I, for one, have lost myself in this work and I have realized, I am just His servant not only for these 2 years, but for the read of my life. I will forever be in debt with my loving Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I love Them with all of my heart and soul.

I love all of you and this time on the mission is flying by and I do not want it to end. I invite all of you to lose yourself in the Lord's work, give all of your soul and remember to always be humble and remember the Light of Christ in your life.

***I was asked by my President to put together a choir for the District Conference, The song we sang was the Army of Helaman. Below are the lyrics to the song:

We have been born, as Nephi of old,
To goodly parents who love the Lord.
We have been taught, and we understand,
That we must do as the Lord commands.
 
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
 
We have been saved for these latter days
To build the kingdom in righteous ways.
We hear the words our prophet declares:
“Let each who’s worthy go forth and share.”
 
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
 
We know his plan, and we will prepare,
Increase our knowledge through study and prayer.
Daily we’ll learn until we are called
To take the gospel to all the world.
 
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
To bring the world his truth.

I included the words to the song we sang at the District Conference in this week's letter to remind all of us to always, "Bring the world His truth."

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson













 

No comments:

Post a Comment