Monday, April 23, 2018

Elder Sorenson - April 16, 2018

Hi Everyone!

"Learn of me, and listen to my words: walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me. " I hope that all of you have had a great week and have felt the presence of the Lord in your life. I wanted to share with you this week how much peace I have felt walking in the meekness of the Spirit these past 18 1/2 months. We can only have a feeling of peace if we follow His commandments. We will receive peace as a river and our righteousness as the waves of the sea. (1 Nephi 20:18).

Really, though, there hasn't been a moment during this mission where I haven't felt peace. Obviously, I have felt discouragement, sadness, and sometimes anger for reasons like the investigators not fulfilling their commitment, a non-supporting ward, or maybe even disobedience of other missionaries. But there is a very well-known song that helps me through it. "I get knocked down, but I get up again! You're never gonna bring me down!"

The reason I sing this verse is because it is 100% true! We need to be positive and pick ourselves up every single day. Every single hardship is for a reason and really, they are placed in our lives to grow and learn from them. I love this Gospel. I love, love, love, love, love, it! The Book of Mormon is the most perfect book here on earth. Russell M. Nelson is the Prophet of God and helps us feel the peace and love of our Savior in our own lives. The key ingredient to find peace in the world is faith. "Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith in my well Beloved, who was from the foundation of the world."

So please have faith and find peace but always remember that there is PEACE IN CHRIST.  He gives us hope when hope is gone. He gives us strength when we can't go on. He gives us shelter in the storms of life. When there's no peace on earth, there is peace in Christ.

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson

When there is nobody to teach in the morning, there is always the Ecuadorian Ronald McDonald to teach while waiting for our Papi-pollo!!

My companion is Mexican, so that means taco nights once a week!

Outlook of the majority of Loja, the climb (subida - I forgot how to say that in English) killed me, but the pictures were worth it!


Outlook of the majority of Loja, the climb killed me, but the pictures were worth it!

Outlook of the majority of Loja, the climb killed me, but the pictures were worth it!

Outlook of the majority of Loja, the climb killed me, but the pictures were worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment