Monday, April 9, 2018

Elder Sorenson - April 9, 2018

Hi Everyone!
I know in this mission I am able to witness miracles every single day if I am obedient and working hard. What has been hard for me to realize is that the miracles don’t just come to me, but also to my entire family. (D&C 118:3 - Let the residue continue to preach from that hour, and if they will do this in all lowliness of heart, in meekness and humility, and long-suffering, I, the Lord, give unto them a promise that I will provide for their families; and an effectual door shall be opened for them, from henceforth.)
I was able to witness (via Skype) the biggest miracle of all on Saturday. One of my best friends and biggest role models got baptized and I was able to Skype to watch the service! Even though I might been 2,000+ miles, I sure could feel the Holy Ghost (D&C 50: 13-14, 17-22) and I know that the heavens were celebrating big time! I know this is the true church, and really to be baptized, is the best decision a person can ever make! I also can’t express how much gratitude I have for those who have played a role in Eric’s life and the help you provided him in his conversion. 
I am doing great in this amazing city of Loja! We have a few investigators who are amazing and they are progressing in the gospel beautifully! There is a young women named Dominique and she is going to be baptized on the 21st of April! We are all so excited for her and it is just so amazing to see the progress of people when they get to know the church even more. The story of this investigator is super cool. She was invited to church and she went by herself but didn’t like it that much because everything was super new to her. She wasn’t planning on going back but the same friend invited her to the Mexican Night and she LOVED it! From then on, she became more committed to reading and attending church. The first visit, we left her with a Book of Mormon. We came back 2 days later and she has read all of 1st Nephi. We went back a few days later and she was done reading 2nd Nephi! Every single visit we have, she surprises us more and more. She reads every day, comes to church and this past week, she told us that she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Russell M. Neilsen is the Prophet on the earth! She was able to attend conference and witnessed the amazing Solemn Assembly that took place. I have been shocked by how much change she has done to be closer to her Heavenly Father and also the decision she has made to be baptized. This field is white and ready to harvest! 
I love all of you and just want you to know that MIRACLES EXIST AND THEY WILL NEVER STOP EXISTING! I love you Eric and I am so proud of the decision you made! 
Love Always, 
Elder Sorenson 

2 Nephi 31: 9, 17 

No comments:

Post a Comment