Sunday, July 8, 2018

Elder Sorenson - July 2, 2018

Hi Everyone!

Well, I am now in a new sector and a new city where EVERYTHING is the complete opposite as to what it was before. I am in a city named Arenillas. It is actually really close to Machala (where I was a year ago). It is nice and hot outside, mosquitoes EVERYWHERE, and chickens crow every single hour of the night. So if anyone could give me advice of how to sleep through cock-a-doodle-dos, it would be very much appreciated. I forgot how open the people who live on the coast are here! They are a lot more willing to listen and hear what we have to say.

My new companion is from Bolivia and is named Elder Olgvin. He is super cool, super nice, and is a very hard worker. I’m very excited to work in this new sector because there’s so much potential here!

As most of you know, I am ending my mission pretty soon (9/19/18). I still don’t know how I feel about going home because serving a mission has been the greatest decision I’ve made in my life. I’m saying this because when I received my new sector, I was also assigned to be the District Leader. To be honest, at first, it made me sad and I didn’t want to stop serving as a Zone Leader. I know I’m ending my mission and that is why I stopped serving as a Zone Leader, but it still hurt. The more I thought about it, the more I had to remember this quote from Dallin H. Oaks, “We do not ‘step down’ when we are released and we do not ‘step up’ when we are called. There is no ‘up or down’ in the service of the Lord. There is only ‘forward or backward’ and the difference depends on how we accept and act upon our releases or callings.”

I absolutely love this quote because it has helped me during the mission and I know that after I get home, it will help me even more. The Lord knows why I am here and what I need to do in these last few months on the mission. I just need to be willing to accept His will and obey His commandments.

I love you all and will see you soon! Enjoy America’s birthday for me because I sure do miss it. Light an extra firework for me and remember that I will see you soon and will be home for the next one!!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson
Jacob 1:19
















No comments:

Post a Comment