Monday, July 9, 2018

Elder Sorenson - July 9, 2018

Hi Everyone!

I have been in this new sector for two weeks now and let me just tell you that the people who live by the coast here are so much more open to learning about the gospel than where I was before. I love it here, but I did forget how hot it gets here. I am always sweating and my face is ALWAYS RED!

An experience that happened this past week to my companion and I was that during my first few days here, we contacted a lady and asked if we could teach her. She accepted and we talked to her about the Restoration of the Gospel. We left her with a Book of Mormon and the invitation to pray about what we taught. She then had to leave town for her work for 2 weeks, which now brings us to the present time. Yesterday, we left our phone in the house on accident and when we came back to pick it up, we had 7 missed calls from a random number. We called the number back to discover that it was the lady whom we had taught weeks earlier! We asked her if we could come to her house and see how she was doing. She agreed. When we entered her house, we asked her questions about how’s she been, what’s she been up to, etc. We also asked her how she felt about the earlier lesson and she said that she prayed and had received an answer. My companion and I were in complete shock. She then looked at us and said, “I know this church is true, with all my heart.” My companion and I wanted to leap for joy! We were so happy for her and that she received an answer from our Heavenly Father.

The reason I shared this story today is because I want to share with you the power of prayer. Prayer is something that has helped me throughout my life, but especially during the mission. We are able to pray for anything and God has promised us that He will answer us in HIS TIME and in HIS WAY. I know it to be true that we can pray and we will receive answers. Even when we are sad and depressed, God will comfort us and help us get through our trials.
I invite everyone to pray and ask God, the Eternal Father, for help with anything and, if it is just, He will answer you!

I love you and want to bear my testimony that this church is true and that Jesus Christ lives! He loves us and our Heavenly Father is waiting for us to get down on our knees and pray to Him.

I miss you and I’ll see you soon!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson













No comments:

Post a Comment