Sunday, September 2, 2018

Elder Sorenson - August 27, 2018

Hi Everyone!

I don’t know where time is going. I guess the phrase “time flies when you’re having fun” has been in full affect these past two years. I can’t believe I only have three weeks left, it feels like just yesterday I was in the MTC not knowing a lick of Spanish!

I have learned and grown beyond belief. I have learned how to teach, how to depend upon the Holy Ghost, how to have fun during the work, PATIENCE and LOVE. I have learned that the Lord protects his missionaries, no matter what! I mean, 2 years in Ecuador without being robbed? That’s a miracle! Ha ha! I have also learned priorities I have in my life. I want to return to my loving Heavenly Father and I will do all I can to fulfill this eternal goal! I have learned, better said, I am still learning His will and that everything happens for a reason. He has a plan for each of us and according to our obedience it is a plan of happiness, joy and peace. It is a plan that gives us the knowledge and comfort that Christ lives! That He atoned for our sins and that, through Him, we can be saved! ( 1 Corinthians 15: 21–22)

I love and will always love being a Disciple of Christ in every moment. I love this church. I love missionary work. I love the Book of Mormon. I love my Father in Heaven and his son Jesus Christ. And I love this restored gospel! I hope that we can all Come Unto Christ and always obey His commandments. I hope that each of us can become obsessed with the reading and studying the Scriptures every day. I hope that we can pray earnestly, with a sincere heart, not doubting anything.

I promise, as a representative of Jesus Christ, that as we do all these things, we will surely receive the promise given him D&C 59:23. We shall receive “peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.” I pray that we may all be faithful and endure to the end!

I love you and I honestly can’t wait to see all of you. You have been and will always be my inspiration and part of the reason why I am out here serving these two short years. Please be obedient to the Commandments, be faithful and always remember how much your Father loves you!

Elder Sorenson

D&C 106:99-100

No comments:

Post a Comment