Monday, September 10, 2018

Elder Sorenson - September 3, 2018

Hi Everyone!

T -15 days until I see all of you again! I’m going to see you this month! How crazy is that? My letter today is that I wanted to look back at the past two years and see how much I’ve changed. The purpose of a mission is to CHANGE YOURSELF before you change other people. I know quite a few missionaries who don’t change on a mission. Yes; they work hard but they never capture the essence of a true change. Whether that change be more humility, patience or love towards people some are not able to truly recognize it and they aren’t able to change.

I am sorry about my English today; it is terrible and I don’t know what’s going on. Haha! But anyways, this change needs to come from the heart! It’s not something that will happen the next day. It could happen, I don’t know, in 2 years as a Disciple of Christ! There are many more details on the importance of change in each one of our lives. If we don’t change, or better said, if we deny that we are changing, we are also denying the Atonement of Christ. We change everyday! Whether it be for good or bad reasons, we are always changing.

Now the purpose of changing is that we are able to do so willingly and with an open heart. When we do those things, we can say we have been changed and it will bless our lives. I am here to say that I have changed and I have truly converted in this gospel. Yes, I am still the crazy singing randomly in stores and sarcastic Kyle, but I have an unbreakable testimony of the Gospel Jesus Christ. I know why I am here and what I must do to accomplish the goal I yearn so much for. To be with my forever family! I love you and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is His church here on earth. I love this gospel and I love how much it has changed me.

I hope that these last two weeks will be amazing and that I can enjoy every single second. And to finish, just like the song says, “I have been changed for good.”

I will see you soon!

Elder Sorenson
View of Guayaquil, Ecuador



No comments:

Post a Comment