Monday, September 10, 2018

Elder Sorenson - September 10, 2018

Well, in about a week I will be packing my things up and coming back home. I will have finished my two years here in Ecuador. I honestly don’t know what to say. I could go on and on, about how many miracles I have seen and how amazingly difficult these last two years have been, but that wouldn’t do it justice. I truly know that this is His work! I know 100% that the missionary service for two years of my life has been the biggest blessing, not only for me but for my entire family as well. #bok 

While I write this, I’m listening to a hymn and the words just bring me to tears. “I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine. That He should extend His great love unto such as I, sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.” I am here to say that He rescued this rebellious and prideful son. I stand all amazed at the love and support He and you have given me over the past two years. This hymn says it all, “Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!” 


I love Him and I know He loves me. There are many words and feelings that are in my heart right now. The love and compassion I have for Heavenly Father and His Son is indescribable. I will always stand all amazed and try my best to keep His Commandments.
I have changed and have been converted in this Gospel and what is so “wonderful to me” is that I have been able to help convert other people while finding and converting myself at the same time! I know I could list a bunch of things that I have gained out of this experience and stories I could tell, but I am going to save them for the classic “campfire story telling”.

I love you all and I’m COMING HOME!

Love Always,

Elder Sorenson


No comments:

Post a Comment