Monday, September 17, 2018

FINAL EMAIL; Elder Sorenson - September 17, 2018

EVERY MISSION HAS AN END, BUT IN LIFE EVERY ENDING IS JUST A NEW BEGINNING
__________________

For my last email, I want to leave with you lyrics of a song that explains exactly how this mission has been...


 I love this Work. I love my Savior. I love the Book of Mormon. I love the Church.

The hardest thing I ever loved to do
was letting go of everything I ever knew
eighteen years of dreams left in my room
as I buttoned up the jacket of my suit

And the hardest word I've ever loved to say
was goodbye to my mom and walk away
choking on my tie and on my tears
as I walked down the hall into those years

And the sweetest song I've ever loved to sing
filled the MTC on angel's wings
the chorus filled my soul 5000 strong
and I wished it would just go on and on

The firmest hand I've ever loved to shake
was my trainer's with that big grin on his face
he grabbed my bag and put his arm ‘round me
and whispered
"I'm gonna work those Mr. Macs right off your feet"

And the hardest words I've ever anguished for
came just before some lady slammed her door
my trainer left me hanging out to dry
as a minute of painful silence rolled right by

But the hardest tears I ever loved to cry
fell as I opened up my mouth and testified
between the tiny walls of a stranger's living room
the Spirit told their hearts my words were true

   The most wonderful sound I've ever heard
is the sound of water running in the church
as someone I'd come to love got dressed in white
my eyes saw their first glimpse of Heaven's light

The hardest thing I've ever come to see
is a man down on his knees in agony
a drop of blood falls down on olive leaves
and for a moment he suffers there for me

The hardest thing I've ever loved to do
was getting on this plane and coming home to you
in a million ways completely torn apart
as a land so far away still owns my heart

in the most sincere prayer I've ever prayed
I thank my God for each and every day
For the blessing of the man I've come to be
As I walk up and kiss my mama's cheek.


See you on Wednesday.  I love you.

Elder Sorenson




























No comments:

Post a Comment