Monday, July 3, 2017

Elder Sorenson - July 3, 2017

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Well...don't worry! I didn't forget about my favorite holiday and I made sure my District didn't forget either. I am the only white person in my entire District that would even know about 4th of July. Haha!

This week my companion and I literally didn't do anything after Tuesday! On Tuesday, we were doing service for someone by lifting bags of dirt in one spot and putting it in a different spot, I guess it made it look nicer and more organized, I don't even know. The bags of dirt we were moving were HEAVY and I am a pretty big guy - at least compared to the Latinos here in Ecuador. The bags were pretty heavy for me, so just imagine how my companion felt! My companion had lifted a bag of dirt and was taking it to the other side. To get the bag of dirt to where it needed to be, we were walking on a piece of plywood because the ground was really rocky. Well, long story short, my companion stepped on a rusty nail and it went through his shoe and punctured his foot so we stopped our service to look at his foot. I didn't think it was that bad, but we needed to get it checked out so we went to the clinic - the same one we went too when I had bronchitis (Oh, I also found the guy that told me I had asthma and let him know that he was completely wrong - haha!). The doctor looked at my companion's foot and gave him 2 or 3 shots. Luckily my companion had got his Tetanus shot in the MTC. The doctor then told us that he wasn't allowed to walk for a week! So I have been in the house from Tuesday until today. Great week, right? I learned how to solve a Rubik's cube, watched the same 4 movies twice, started to read the New Testament (I am now in 1 Corinthians), and wrote cards to families for when I leave this sector! So, yes, I would say it was a successful week!! Haha! But in all honesty, this past week has taught me patience and how a little incident/accident can change your whole week. I really wanted to leave and teach people (I found myself walking in circles in front of the door), but what was best was that my companion's foot get better. I am happy he can now walk normally and we can get back to work!

I definitely learned patience this week and that our health is really important in this work! One little thing (a rusty nail) can change every single plan of the week! I know this happened for a reason and maybe it was for my companion and I to strengthen our relationship even more.

I hope all of you have a great and safe week! Be smart and be careful with those fireworks because we all know that I wasn't! Haha!

I love you all!! Light off an extra firework for me!

Love Always,
Elder Sorenson

Matthew 25:1-13 "We must always be ready and have our lamps filled."





No comments:

Post a Comment