Sunday, October 29, 2017

Elder Sorenson - October 23, 2017

Hi Everyone! 

I will be honest and say that this was quite a slow week, but we are working harder than ever in this new ward! What was awesome is that this week my companion and I had absolutely nothing to do (no investigators, no appointments, no knowledge of any members house, etc). It also was the week of the most sun and the hottest temperatures that Guayaquil has had in the last three years! Let's just say that I'm not a gringo anymore because I got a lot of sun this week!! Haha! 

Supposedly, this sector was dead and there wasn't anyone to teach but my companion and I have found some great potential and we are working super hard! My companions name is Elder Tarbet and he is from Thousand Oaks California! He is by far the hardest working missionary I have ever been with. He was in the mountains for seven months and there wasn't that much success there, but here in Guayaquil let's just say it is the "Promised Land". My companion and I are running around finding more and more people to teach. 

This past week I was reminded of the power and importance of working with members. In my other sectors, I worked with the members but not as much and they never really visited with me. This last week, we met with a member every single day of the week. There is a young man preparing to serve in Bolivia in January who was with us three of the days from 2PM - 9PM meeting in teaching with us. I could not believe his diligence and how much he was preparing to serve his mission in just a few months. He is my example. 

I'm so blessed to be in this ward. This ward is hungry to work and baptize people. We have been given so many referrals. We had a leadership meeting yesterday. I have never been in a ward where they are willing to do whatever it takes to help the missionaries out. My companion and I were overwhelmed with all of them. Each one asked us "When can I do visits with you?" So that being said, I am so grateful for the ward I have been placed in because they truly know the importance and the impact of the Lords work. 

I love you! 

Elder Sorenson 
Nephi 10:23




No comments:

Post a Comment